Today, online teaching and launching e-courses has turned out to be one of the most promising online jobs. The significant increase in the number of learners desirous of learning things from home is escalating day by day. Tablets, smartphones, and computers have made it easier for people to educate themselves in the field of their interest.
Hence, more and more are now looking forward to create and sell online courses.
Also Read: How to Make Money with Podcasting
What are Online Courses?
An online course is a potential option to facilitate instructional education and skill development to the individuals. The most unique thing about these courses is that they are accessible to people of all ages, irrespective of their affordability.
Experts sell courses online at a reasonable price so that both poor and rich can leverage these courses to pursue an education in their field of interest.
Online courses are turning out to be one of the fastest ways of learning non-technical and technical skills. They contain educational content in the form of diagrams, videos lecture, facts and data, slideshows, images, and animation.
How to Create Online Courses
If you are looking forward to entering the world of online teaching you should check the steps listed below –
1. Choose a topic of your interest
Make a list of topics according to your interest and knowledge. You may do a little research and then choose a topic for your online course. The topic could be related to any of your skills, job, or hobby.
Sell online courses related to the topic that interest you, only then you can do justice to your job.
2. Research about your topic
Don’t skip this step if you want to sell online courses from your own website successfully. There is no point in investing your time and labor in a course that isn’t worth buying.
So place your bet on a topic that can capture the interest of a huge number of people. Most important they should be ready to buy it. In addition, you should also research the prospective buyers so that you can create the course accordingly.
3. Prepare an outline and determine the nature of your course
After having chosen your topic of interest to determine, whether there is a potential market where you can sell your course easily. At the same time, you need to determine the particulars and nature of your course. Your content should be meaningful and relevant to the topic.
Most importantly, it should cover all aspects of the selected niche. It shouldn’t be like an article or a blog post that simply touches the surface of the topic.
It is crucial to be organized if you are looking forward to developing online training courses that can help you earn good profits. Think about the lessons and modules. This will help you determine the lessons and subtopics of your course.
4. Decide the format of your course
Usually, online courses facilitate their buyers with a wide range of teaching methods including audio, text, worksheets, video, infographics, checklists, and others. Make sure the format you choose is easy to understand and delivers all the information efficiently.
The idea is to determine what format will prove out to be the best for your online course builder. It is not important to settle with a single method. If need be, you might facilitate the buyers with two or more methods.
Like for a course related to Quickbooks tutorial the author may have to go for a video tutorial plus step-by-step instructions on installing and setting up the software.
5. Proofread your content to make it error-free
Online course creator should make sure that the course is error-free. Know that it will be a time-consuming task, but totally worth it. After all, creating an e-course requires time and dedication.
You may either hire a proofreader for getting your text lessons revised or perform the task on your own. Don’t forget to watch your video lessons. At the same time, you’ll need to think about the color theme and logo of your course.
6. Upload your course on the platform
Upload your course once you have finalized the content and selected your preferred platform. You may also customize the course (if allowed by the platform) like add color scheme or a logo. Aim for creating a unique brand.
If you have little knowledge on how to create an online course with WordPress then it’s better to research and then work accordingly.
7. Build a marketing plan for your course
Simply uploading the course on the platform isn’t enough. Promotion is important to attract the attention of the potential audience and generate their interest in your course.
First things first, create a marketing plan. It should include details of your target market, target audience, and tactics to entice them to buy your course.
Use PPC advertising, social media, and other marketing options to your advantage. Individuals with a tight budget should reach out for low-cost or free marketing options. Guides on how to sell the course online can help you find potential tips and tricks of marketing online course.
8. Keep course information relevant and current
Update your course on a regular basis possibly every 4-5 months. Outdated information won’t help learners.
Eventually, your course will lose its value if you will not keep it up-to-date. Negative reviews could worsen things further. In addition, fix the broken links (if any) included in the courses.
9. Don’t limit yourself to one course
You can publish as many online courses as you want. Don’t stick with a single course. You may either create versions of the initial course or create new on a fresh topic. This new course can be referred to your existing students.
How to Make Money Selling Online Courses
Prepare a compelling sales page and start selling your course. Launching an online academy would also prove out to be a great idea.
Follow the steps listed below to make money by selling the course to prospective customers –
- Spread awareness of new course – When you publish a new product you can spread the word before your existing students along with new potential ones.
Before you create the course identify and gather details of the existing problems. A problem-solving course attracts the attention of potential students and makes it easier to spread your message.
- Generate interest of the students – The more potential customers will be interested in your course the better they’ll get to know your products. Resultantly, you can sell your products to a larger number of audience.
- Decision phase – The potential buyers at this stage take their decision of buying/not buying your product. It is important to choose the best online course platform as it will affect your overall sales.
- Checkout process – It should be smooth so that the buyers don’t face any hassles. The easy checkout process will help the buyers complete their purchase easily. Also, make sure your looks trustworthy.
Best Platforms to Sell Online Courses
- Teachable – It is an ideal platform for the ones who need high-end features at an affordable price. The pricing of Teachable can range vary anywhere from $29 to $299 depending on the feature set preferred by the individual.
The platform offers multi-language support and various marketing solutions related to affiliate programs, email marketing, landing pages, coupons, and international payments.
- Teachery – If you have a really low budget then Teachery is an ideal option to sell your course online. You’ll have access to full functionality, future improvements, and upgrades at zero transaction fees. Plus, it’s dedicated support team never fails to help individuals with their particular issues.
- Ruzuku – Another e-course selling platform that’s comes with powerful features. Ruzuku offers the ease of managing the course in less time. You can upload any type of media files such as PDF, video and audio courses.
In addition, the Ruzuku platform allows its users to engage with their customers through webinars or live chat.
- Udemy – Counted among the most popular and reliable solution for selling and building courses online, Udemy has huge network accords the globe. You can easily connect with a great number of students, which means higher sales.
- The WizIQ system – If you have been wondering where to sell online courses without much investment then go for the WizIQ system. The best part is that it provides two solutions for selling courses online – virtual classroom and an online academy.
The students are facilitated with document sharing, assessments, and tests. It also features an advanced whiteboard making it easier for students to access and understand the course quickly.
Selling courses online can help you gain huge monetary benefits, given you choose the right publishing platform and apply proven marketing techniques. Look for affordable resources so that you can host your online course in the best possible manner.
Creating the lessons can e time-consuming task, but if done right it can generate a good amount of passive income. You can either make it a full-time earning source or do it along with your existing business.