India is considered as world’s largest democracy, and there are more than a million smartphone users who are swiftly improving their relations through connectivity. Most of the Indians have made the Internet as their daily commodity. This comprehends texting friends and family, watching movies, listening music, browsing the web for information, playing games, reading recent updates about current affairs and many more.
But when it comes to paying for things in the real world like the tea vendors, bus fares, vegetables, auto rickshaws, dividing the bills with friends at restaurants or paying on delivery for the goods bought online —Smartphones find themselves not accustomed. Instead, Indians love to pay in cash.
This is because of the facts – cash is not hard to use, and it works almost everywhere. But it is also true that we can lose the cash easily and can be robbed and also very difficult to carry around. It is very difficult to maintain a financial track record of a person who deals with cash and this leads in getting apart from most of the services.
What is Google Tez
To vie with cash, we need a product which can make all payments digital. It needs to be simple, understandable and moreover flexible which can work everywhere and for everyone. So, the Tech Giant Google has forayed into the burgeoning mobile payment sector by launching its mobile wallet app called Tez, which is
- Easily understandable.
- As the name suggests, It’s really Tez (Fast).
- Secure way to pay for all goods big and small, online and offline.
- Moreover, It’s made for Indian Users.
- Comes with Enchanting Surprises.
How Does Google Tez Work
The Tez app is a payments and commerce app built in India on top of the Unified Payments Interface(UPI)standard. UPI is a banking system for money transfers on payment apps. To add a bank account to Tez, your bank must work with UPI.UPI-enabled wallets permit users to transfer money without knowing or having the recipient’s bank account details. The UPI ID of the recipient is used as a proxy for the account number and IFSC code, thereby making the process of money transfer hassle free.
Features of Tez App
- As it is built on top of UPI system, which is used by more than 50 trusted Indian banks. This means when you make payment using Tez, money is moved from one bank account to another. There is no need to add money to the wallet compared to other digital payment apps.
- It works as an extension of one’s bank account, which means that unused money remains in the bank account. Each transaction is initiated by the sender entering his/her UPI PIN with the additional security of existing phone locks.
- Multi-Lingual App —Tez works on the vast majority of India’s smartphones and supports several multiple Indian languages like English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu making the transactions easy to understand.
- Security — The app is protected by two-level security: a 4-digit Google PIN, and the security settings on the device such as pattern locks, fingerprints or passcodes. Each and every transaction is started by the Tez users entering his UPI PIN with the more security of persisting phone locks.
- Cash Mode — What makes Tez unique from other digital payment apps is, it comes with the feature called “Cash Mode.” One of the greatest aspects of cash is that it enables you to pay others without sharing your personal data. Cash Mode does just the same by letting you pay other Tez users without exchanging personal information such as bank account or phone number.
These transactions are quick with nearby Tez users and this is possible by using the AQR technology which is very much same as QR codes yet more secure. When making the payments or receiving money, you just have to bring two phones nearby—>tap pay or request—>enter UPI PIN—>Payment is done immediately from one bank to another.
- Tez Shield — Tez is built in with TezSheild, which works 24/7 to assist the users in detecting fraud, verifying the identity and preventing hacking. Each transaction is secured with UPI PIN and the app is secured with a Google PIN or with phone lock methods. If something undergoes something wrong, users can get in touch with the phone customer support.
- Appear as Chat Window — The Tez transaction window can be seen similar to chat window where you can exchange messages.
- Tez is supported by PVR, Dish TV, Red Bus, Domino’s, Uber, and Jet Airways. As it uses UPI, you can make the transaction with almost anyone who has a bank account using Tez.
Steps for Downloading the Tez App
- Tez is available for both iPhone and the Android phones and can be downloaded from both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store or you can simply visit here.
- After installing the app, select the language to get started.
- You need to verify your phone number with OTP (your mobile number has to be registered with your bank account ).
- You are asked to select google account which you will use with Tez.
- Create Google PIN or Screen Lock as password and then add your Bank account.
That’s it. Now you can go on inviting friends, and making and receiving payments.
How to make Money with Tez
Once you have the app downloaded, you can get started with making money with Tez through various methods.
Pay and Earn
- Below the payments, you see a New option, Click on it.
- You will be redirected to Start Payment screen where you can see 3 options —
- Payment using Account number (Using account number and IFSC code).
- Using UPI ID, QR, Phone.
- Also through Phone number or name.
- Pay Rs.1 and you can get Rs.51 cash back immediately.
Invite and Earn
- Tap on Offers option on the dashboard.
- Tap on Invite Friends to Tez option.
- Invite them using WhatsApp, Messenger, Facebook or any other messaging platform.
- If your friends install Tez App from your link and make his/her first transaction, you will earn Rs.51 that is credited to your bank account.
Earn through Scratch Cards
Google has designed the Tez app with lots of offers. To discover the offers, click on the offers option on the dashboard. You will be redirected to Discover Offers screen where you have various offers like
- Pay or get paid, Rs.150 or more.
You will get a scratch card worth up to Rs.1000 for each person.
- Send Rs.500 or more.
Get a lucky Fridays scratch card that could win you Rs.1 lakh. This starts every Friday at 9 AM. So, make your Fridays really lucky.
- Travel with Tez on Uber or RedBus.
Get a scratch card worth Rs.50 to Rs.500 for completing 3 payments. You just have to enter your Tez UPI ID as the payment option and start traveling with Tez.
You can get a maximum of 5 scratch cards per week.
Google has initiated a step towards making cashless India which is an important element of Digital India. It is a trustworthy app launched by Google. It’s an authentic way to earn real money through Smartphones. So, start exploring this app and gain its benefits.