Today, let’s talk about how to make money with LinkedIn.
Most people consider LinkedIn as nothing but a platform to get connected with people, post quotes, videos or other casual stuff. With approximately 600 million members and growing across 200 countries, it is the world’s largest business-oriented search engine.
If we look at the brighter side, you can also make money with LinkedIn – a powerful job searching social media platform. Now the next question that pops up is what to do and what not to do to earn a living from LinkedIn? Who should we approach to learn how to make money on LinkedIn?
You’re at the right place…!!!
This article will tell you in detail how to earn money from LinkedIn.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Make Money Using Instagram Profile
5 Ways to Make Money with LinkedIn
- SIGN UP FOR LINKEDIN PROFINDER – Looking for some freelancing and independent jobs? Great!! Sign up for LinkedIn Profinder – It is a professional service marketplace to look for freelance based jobs. All you need to do is Sign up and you will come across employers looking for expertise on a freelance basis.
It is the one amongst many best ways to make money with LinkedIn. The service is free until you want more than five job updates in a month. You can make the payment just like LinkedIn premium. From writers to consultants to IT Professionals, jobs are available for many categories. All you need to do is avail the service.
- CREATE OR JOIN LINKEDIN GROUPS – You have the opportunity to create or join the LinkedIn groups of your specific interests. If you’re a registered user, you can create a group and call interested and relevant members by inviting through email templates. Use webinars, announcements or free content giveaways strategies to grow the mailing list.
By joining a group, in some way or the other you can extend your network professionally. Your profile appears at the right-hand sidebar with the existing group members profiles. All this, in turn, gives you a better exposure thus helping you find a professionally relevant job. Once you have secured a job, you have started earning.
- SELL PRODUCTS VIA PRODUCT SECTIONS – The products section in LinkedIn offers a great opportunity to businesses who want to sell their physical and digital products. In the product section of your company’s page, create product listings. It has got ample of features such as banner visitors can click on YouTube commercials, landing pages and contact information.
The consumers can also write reviews and recommendations of the products. You can also create or join the groups that most likely offer your products so that people can feel interested in buying them. You can also interact with the people in the groups by telling the specifications of the products. It will not even appear like a sales pitch.
- UPLOAD VIDEOS DIRECTLY ON LINKEDIN – When you upload the video directly on the platform, based on internal algorithm and number of views, LinkedIn rewards people. On the other hand, if you share the link from YouTube or any other video streaming platform, it can suppress the algorithm reach.
The videos uploaded on LinkedIn can be of 10 minutes duration. However, it is advice-able to keep it short, precise and informative. This captures the interest of the viewers. The perfect combination of all these strategies increases the chances of view and money. Videos such as tips, how-to, opinions and breaking news help in LinkedIn monetization.
- CONTENT IS THE KING – Although its a social media platform, yet a bit of enriching and informative content on the page can help you make money on LinkedIn? But, how is this even possible. When you write content or post a blog or articles on LinkedIn, it, in turn, rewards you with more visitors and visibility.
It also streamlines and optimizes the reader data by giving you the title of Subject Matter Expert. You can do it by tapping on the “Me” tab in the application. LinkedIn is one such social media platform that gives you a deep insight of who is reading your content along with the employers, designations, job titles and the locations.
- LINKEDIN ADVERTISING – Try and earn money on LinkedIn by following the aforementioned methods. When you have collected some bucks, then plan on investing them in LinkedIn advertising to earn some more income.
Just like Facebook, you can create an ad campaign which targets certain demographics where your targeted audience is located thus receiving more leads and conversions. This will create a curiosity in the viewer to know in detail about the free giveaways and the limited offers available. You can also include discount codes and promotion codes. This will make them grab the product thus, in turn, helping you reach the targeted audience.
- AFFILIATE MARKETING – Many companies look for affiliates who can promote their products and services for a small commission if it results in sales. Get in touch with companies, promote their products and services on your page, using your affiliate links and you’re all set to make money with LinkedIn.
If someone clicks on the link and makes a purchase, you’ll get the commission – Not bad. Affiliate marketing is adversely used by bloggers to make money on LinkedIn. You can share your affiliate marketing reviews or specialization in the groups. Affiliate marketing to date is the best strategy to earn money on any social media platform.
There are so many answers to the question of how to make money with LinkedIn. However, a few of us know or implement the same. LinkedIn is like a snowball of goodness. This means that it can only become bigger and better. And the best part is you never know what will happen next. If you’re curious to generate passive income from your LinkedIn… here you go.. Follow the steps.
Now it’s your turn!!